As you may know, Microsoft is currently deploying a new type of field on your favorite CDS environments : the Files !
Currently, you have the possibility to create the fields and use them on Flow or Canvas App, there is no current possibility to use them on a model driven app form. That's where this control comes into the light !
There are 2 possibilities to use the control :
- with fields on the same entity (you can upload one file per field) - Left side on the demo
- with fields which are on a sub entity (you can upload as many files as you want !) - Right side on the demo
In quick words, here is the process to upload the files to the File Field :
- Create the record hosting the file(s) (if it's not done yet)
- Choose the File from the input button
- Convert this file into Base64 format
- To Patch the record with the file, you need : FileName + FileContent into an ArrayBuffer
- Your data is available !
Configuration sample :
- For file in the same entity :
In that sample, my entity is
carfup_entitywithfile and my file field name is :
- For files in a sub entity:
In that sample, my parent entity is
carfup_entitywithfile, my sub entity hosting the files is
carfup_customattachmentand my file field name is :
In order to download the package, you can go to the release tab of the repo.
You will find the unmanaged/managed version of the solution and the source code too if you want to improve the control !
I hope you will like it and enjoy the work.
I wish you a great end of the year 2019.